Meet the Doctor
Dr. Mark MangelsonPeriodontist
Dr. Mark Mangelson specializes in diagnosing periodontal (gum) disease and the treatment of periodontal disease using both non-surgical and surgical techniques. He has had over 20 years of experience as an implant surgeon, placing thousands of dental implants. He is a Board Certified Periodontist and a Diplomate of the American Academy of Periodontology (AAP).
Dr. Mark Mangelson is a Board Certified Periodontist in Salt Lake City, Utah
Periodontists Require Specialized Training
After completing four years of dental school at Creighton University, Dr. Mark Mangelson continued his studies in a three year post graduate periodontal program at the University of Oklahoma. He continued to pursue board certification by following periodontal patient case studies and masterfully presenting his findings to a nationally elected board of periodontists. Not only is Dr. Mangelson a dental specialist and board certified periodontist, but he is also an active Diplomate of the American Academy of Periodontics which requires ongoing continuing education and recertification.
Mark Mangelson, DDS, MS has served as a Utah Dental Association delegate and as the President of the Intermountain Society of Periodontists. He is also an active member of the American Dental Association (ADA), Utah Dental Association (UDA), the Pierre Fauchard Academy, the International College of Dentists and the American Academy of Periodontontology (AAP). He is currently an associate professor at the U of U Dental Residency Program.
- 2016 to Current: Inducted into the ICD (International College of Dentists)
- 2013 to Current: Inducted into the Pierre Fauchard Academy
- 1984 to Current: Member of the American Dental Association (ADA), Utah Dental Association (UDA), and the American Academy of Periodontology (AAP)
- 1998 to Current: Assistant Professor at the University of Utah General Dental Residency Program
- 2010 – 2012: Appointed delegate for the Utah Dental Association
- 1998 – 1999: President of the Intermountain Society of Periodontology
- 1997: Board Certified Periodontist
- 1992: Graduate of University of Oklahoma, Masters of Science Degree in Periodontology
- 1988: Quintessence Award for Clinical Periodontology
- 1988: Graduate of Creighton University with Doctor of Dental Science (DDS)
- 1984: Graduate of University of Utah with a Bachelor of Science
- Weber State University participant in Dental Hygiene externship program.
- Guest speaker for the Midwestern Society of Periodontists. The Utah Dental Association, Academy of General Dentists and the Academy of LDS Dentist.
- Guest Lecturer for Salt Lake Community College Dental Hygiene Program, Utah Valley University Dental Hygiene Program and Utah College of Dental Hygiene Program.
Dr. Mark Mangelson was born and raised in Salt Lake City, Utah. When he is not spending time with his family he enjoys bike riding, reading, gardening, and playing basketball.