Dear Patients and Friends,
I hope this letter finds you healthy and happy. Although COVID-19 has disrupted our lives, I am happy to report the Utah Department of Health has lifted restrictions on dental services. Our office will reopen to serve your dental needs starting Monday, April 27, 2020.
As always, my primary goal is to protect the health of my patients, my staff and the community. I have implemented and will continue to follow all the guidelines established by the Utah Dental Association (“UDA”), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (“OSHA”). In addition, I am taking extended measures to further protect patients and personnel with the following protocols.
- In compliance with the recommendations for public health, anyone with a cough or fever will not be allowed in the building and should stay home. We will be happy to reschedule your appointment for a later date.
- Once you arrive on site, you have the option to stay in your car instead of the waiting room while we prepare your personal operatory. Simply call us at 801-266-3519 when you arrive, and we will let you know when to come into the office.
- Please come to your appointment alone or ask family members to wait for you in the car. We will be happy to call them upon completion of your appointment. Assigned caregivers and/or guardians may continue to accompany the patient to treatment rooms.
- Upon entering our office, you will be asked to sanitize your hands. Please be advised that our waiting room has been reconfigured to comply with social distancing policies.
- You will be asked to fill out an informed consent form asking about symptoms, travel and sickness at home.
- We will take your temperature to screen for fever.
- At the beginning of every appointment, you will be asked to pre-rinse with a mouth rinse, which has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties.
- Once treatment has been completed, you will be asked to sanitize your hands before re-entering the business areas.
- A shield has been placed at the checkout window to protect you and our team. You will be able to pay for services with a credit card or debit card. If you have cash or wish to pay by check, envelopes will be provided.
By implementing these high standards, I am confident that everyone’s safety and well-being will not be compromised. We look forward to seeing you soon. In the meantime, continue to stay well, stay safe and stay healthy.
Dr. Mark Mangelson